Puzon's Musical Instruments
was established in Chicago’s East Side neighborhood February 14, 1956, by Zigmund (Ziggy) Puzon. Ziggy’s goal was simple, offer quality brand name merchandise and service at affordable prices;
a practice that continues today.
In 1967, Ziggy’s son Marty began working in the business with his dad. Marty learned to play clarinet, sax, and flute from his dad and went on to study trumpet and trombone as well. Marty was also taught the repair trade and how to manage the business from his dad. From 1968 to 1994, Marty had a successful combo of his own
, and worked with many other bands in the area.